Re: build.xml now builds under jdk1.4, checked into cvs

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: build.xml now builds under jdk1.4, checked into cvs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ok, I reworked build.xml to be "smarter" hopefully it is. The upshot is
that you can compile the driver under jdk1.4

Please report any problems to me. I have tested it under jdk1.1, 1.2,
1.3, 1.4 and it built for me, but...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Marc Lavergne
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 2:20 PM
To: chantal.ackermann@web.de
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] compile of jdbc driver failed

There was an earlier post about this. The driver works fine with the
1.4.0 JRE, but it does need to be compiled with 1.3.1 due to the fact
that the ANT build.xml file hasn't been update to reflect the 1.4.0 JDK
as of 7.2.0. In brief, the script mistakenly identifies 1.4.0 J2SE as a
J2EE variant. You can easily "kludge" this by changing line 34 in the
build.xml file to read:

     <available property="jdk1.2e+" classname="javax.sql.DataSourceX" />

This will prevent ANT from mistaking J2SE for J2EE since
javax.sql.DataSourceX doesn't exist in J2SE (or J2EE obviously). You can

then just run make from the command line. However, if you already have
compiled using 1.3.1, it makes no difference, and can just use that
version with the 1.4.0 JRE.

Cheers,

Marc