Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel

От George Weaver
Тема Re: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Original Message From "Karl Denninger"
>The part I don't understand is that I enabled logging and it appears to be
>returning the table list!  Immediately after I attempt the connect from
>either EXCEL or WORD I pulled the logfiles.

I don't think the problem resides on the PostgreSQL side of things but the Office side.  From my experience and from what I can gather Office needs a separate file (.udl .odc, etc) in order to display the results properly.

The discussion here might provide some further insight (first topic - Subject: Re: Mail Merge to SQL Server without using an external ODC):

HTH
George

"When you see a new trail, or a footprint you do not know,
        follow it to the point of knowing."
   - Uncheedah, Grandmother of Ohiyesa