Re: Maximum Performance Follow-up Question

От Peter T. Brown
Тема Re: Maximum Performance Follow-up Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
That helps a great deal! I am learning about the 'run-fast' option in
postgres: Increasing the shared_buffers is critical. Here is a copy of my
postgresql.conf file. I'll make the increases you suggested, but is there
anything else you can recomend?

Thanks again,

Peter

postgresql.conf:

#       Connection Parameters
#
tcpip_socket = true
#ssl = false

max_connections = 128 # 1-1024

#port = 5432
#hostname_lookup = false
#show_source_port = false

#unix_socket_directory = ''
#unix_socket_group = ''
#unix_socket_permissions = 0777

#virtual_host = ''

#krb_server_keyfile = ''

#
#       Performance
#
sort_mem = 32168
shared_buffers = 15200 # min 16
fsync = true

#       Optimizer Parameters
#
#enable_seqscan = true
#enable_indexscan = true
#enable_tidscan = true
#enable_sort = true
#enable_nestloop = true
#enable_mergejoin = true
#enable_hashjoin = true

#ksqo = false
#geqo = true

#effective_cache_size = 1000  # default in 8k pages
#random_page_cost = 4
#cpu_tuple_cost = 0.01
#cpu_index_tuple_cost = 0.001
#cpu_operator_cost = 0.0025
#geqo_selection_bias = 2.0 # range 1.5-2.0

#
#       GEQO Optimizer Parameters
#
#geqo_threshold = 11
#geqo_pool_size = 0  #default based in tables, range 128-1024
#geqo_effort = 1
#geqo_generations = 0
#geqo_random_seed = -1 # auto-compute seed

#
#       Inheritance
#
#sql_inheritance = true

#
#       Deadlock
#
#deadlock_timeout = 1000

#       Expression Depth Limitation
#
#max_expr_depth = 10000 # min 10

#
#       Write-ahead log (WAL)
#
#wal_buffers = 8 # min 4
#wal_files = 0 # range 0-64
#wal_debug = 0 # range 0-16
#commit_delay = 5 # range 0-1000
#checkpoint_timeout = 300 # range 30-1800

#
#       Debug display
#
#silent_mode = false