Small bug in postgres' ./configure script and invalid bug-report-link on website

От Arjen van der Meijden
Тема Small bug in postgres' ./configure script and invalid bug-report-link on website
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi List,

I'm using flex 2.5.31

acm@server pgsql $ flex --version
flex 2.5.31

And get this warning from the configure-script (in latest cvs):

checking for flex... no
configure: WARNING:
*** The Flex version 2.5.3 you have at /usr/bin/lex contains a bug. You
*** should get version 2.5.4 or later.
configure: WARNING:
*** Without Flex you will not be able to build PostgreSQL from CVS or
*** change any of the scanner definition files.  You can obtain Flex
from
*** a GNU mirror site.  (If you are using the official distribution of
*** PostgreSQL then you do not need to worry about this because the Flex
*** output is pre-generated.)

Of course the regexp on line 3580 of the configure-script is wrong:
if $pgac_candidate --version | grep '2\.5\.3' >/dev/null 2>&1; then

I don't know a real solution, probably something like changing the grep
to read:
grep -e `2\.5\.3$'
Or adding a second grep to grep out 2\.5\.3[0-9]

Ow and the reason why I didn't try reporting this via the "Report a bug"
link on the postgresql-website is because that gave me a 404-error.
"Not Found
The requested URL /bugs/bugs.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.ca.postgresql.org Port 80"

Regards,

Arjen