installing

От Dan MacNeil
Тема installing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Please let me know if this is not the right place for this question or
if there is a more appropriate place....

I'm looking to install .postgresql as debain packages via apt-get

I'm running debain 2.2 (stable)

The postgresql package for that distribution is 6.5.3-26  This seems
way out of date...

The Postgresql version in the debian (testing) distribution is 7.1.3
This seems about right...

However, the  postgresql and postgresql-client have the following
dependences that seem to require upgrade of packages on my system.
(see below)

Am I going to cause problems / conflicts for myself and my users or
enter an unending cycle of package upgrades?

My system:    v2.1.3-19
Required:        libc6 (>= 2.2.3-7) GNU C Library: Shared libraries
and Timezone data

My system:     4.1-1
Required:        libreadline4 (>= 4.2-2) GNU readline and history
libraries, run-time

My system:    1:2.95.2-13
Required:       libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 (>= 1:2.95.4-0.010810) The GNU
stdc++ library