Re: Log-Shipping Standby Server: USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL compatibility error

От Mathias Breuninger
Тема Re: Log-Shipping Standby Server: USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL compatibility error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 09/05/2012 4:59 PM, Craig James wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Mathias Breuninger
> > I wasn't aware of the binary problem with replication.
> > Maybe the PostgreSQL docs should emphasize the architecture
> restriction.
>
> That's sort of what "binary file" means -- a raw, architecture-specific
> representation of data that's optimized for performance and/or space,
> not portability.
>
> Craig

In fact, it is written clearly in the docs (25.2.1 Planning: " In any case the hardware architecture must be the same —
shippingfrom, say, a 32-bit to a 64-bit system will not work."), but I missed it.
So I apologize for the annoyance.

Regards.

--
Mathias