FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "show_statement_stats"

От Iain
Тема FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "show_statement_stats"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I got the following error message yesterday:

WARNING:  statement-level statistics are disabled because parser, planner, or executor statistics are on
psql: FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "show_statement_stats"

and I'm wondering if anyone can offer some ideas about it.

Some background:

Version is 7.4 running on turbo linux 7 (kernal 2.4.18-15, libc ver 2.2.4-13)) under virtual pc under windows 2000.

This is the development system and it has been running smoothly. I successfully tested dumping, loading and copying large dbs (about 50% of the estimated production DB size) a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I edited the postgresql.conf file and uncommented the stats parameters as follows:

# - Statistics Monitoring -

log_parser_stats = true
log_planner_stats = true
log_executor_stats = true
log_statement_stats = true

# - Query/Index Statistics Collector -

stats_start_collector = true
stats_command_string = true
stats_block_level = true
stats_row_level = true
stats_reset_on_server_start = true

Since I want to get a better idea of what the application is doing.

I then ran:

 pg_ctl reload

Problem 1: Then I couldn't connect to the db with the above error mesage.

I shutdown the server, re-commented the above parameters, and restarted server. Everyone can connect again.

Problem 2: I then tried unsuccessfully (3 times) to dump the database as follows:

pg_dump -Fc -v DBNAME > dumpfilename

Around about the same point each time, this now fails with an error as follows:

pg_dump: dumping contents of table d_hi_mise_item_uri
pg_dump: ERROR:  canceling query due to user request
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "d_hi_mise_item_uri" failed:
PQendcopy() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  canceling query due to user request
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.d_hi_mise_item_uri (ymd_uri, tenpo_cd, ite
m_id, urisuu, urikin, araridaka, lst_genka, ave_genka, logic_tana_suu, henpintyu
u_suu, tenji_suu, tuika_suu, idou_in_suu, idou_out_suu, rank_new_suu, rank_old_s
uu) TO stdout;
pg_dump: *** aborted because of error
Finally, I have 2 questions:

1. What should I do about the first error - did I make a mistake in those settings?

2. Is the second error related the first, and what is the usual cause of this kind of error?

There seems to be enough disk space, but I can't be entirely sure what is happening with virtual PC. I'm going to build a new server today without windows 200 and virtual pc and see how that affects things. It had survived a pretty rigorous test a couple of days ago though...

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Iain