Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!

От Fredrik Larsson
Тема Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi guys

I have a sorta emergency...
For some reason all my databases are gone, I can connect to the database but
when I do
\d i get "Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!"

But I can do querys: ie select (*) from tblfoo wich results in
count
-----
    0
(1 row)

All the data files (base/foo) is still in place.

I belive the problem occured when (directorys are symlinked) postmaster
failed to startup, due to a broken symlink (was installing new hardware) so
postmaster stared up without the base/foo directory so the pg_log got messed
but, I stoped postmaster, fixed the symlink.
But when I restarted postmaster the problem occured.
While examining the system tables I find that for example in pg_class the
entrys for my tables are gone.

Any ideas? comments?

(Yes there are backups)

Thanks