Re: How to desconfigure BDR?

От Ruth Melendo
Тема Re: How to desconfigure BDR?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I don´t see it very stable by the moment to put into production env. I´m still testing but it´s not easy to recover when fails. I´ve tunned my database just to use sequences with BDR, I´ve modify the creation scripts to be executed in parts to avoid problem in creating extensions with creation tables dependent and I´m working in an script that reconfigures all env when corrupted from scratch. Basically delete all configuration and databases and reconfigure postgres and restore the database from a dump because It costs a lot of time to recover env in each failed test….

Speaking of which,  if I want to drop my database and it says that there are still active slots, should I done something like this;

SELECT slot_name FROM pg_replication_slots;

And for all slots in result.. SELECT pg_drop_replication_slot(slot_name);

Is there a better way to do it? Is there a way to force dropping database if there is active slots? In this case I don’t care about changes because I just want to delete all and start again from scratch…

Thanks!

Ruth Patricia Melendo Ventura

Software Engineer

TELTRONIC, S.A.U.