POSTGRESQL crash recovery? (corrupted... tons of corrupted stuff) HELP!!!

От Can-Host Networks - Félix C.Courtemanche
Тема POSTGRESQL crash recovery? (corrupted... tons of corrupted stuff) HELP!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

In the last few days, we experienced... _tons_ of problems with postgresql but finally managed to partially bring it back up.
Now, we only had the table data files and not the table "header" files.

We managed to find these file elsewhere, on a system with the same type and kind of tables (another Cobalt RAQ3).  This succesfully
brought up 3 tables out of something like 10.  We are still missing one of the most important table, _users_.

Here is the error generated when someone or something tries to access the crashed tables:

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

Now, is there anyway to fix that?  I suppose it means that the data files tehemselves are corrupted to?
ARGH!!!!  This is my second sleepless night trying to figure out what is going wrong and I would REALLY APPRECIATE support.

I already contacted the constructor of this box (COBALT), their tech support department, their paying support department, etc... Of course, they can't be reached... *sigh*

Now, if we can't fix this in the next day, we will probably loose a good part of our clients... and we _can't_ afford that!
Help me!
Thanks
[ Félix C.Courtemanche | Web Designer ]
[ Head Designer | Co-Admin ]