Re: Question about antijoin

От dandl
Тема Re: Question about antijoin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tom and David

That's very useful. My interest for Andl is to be able to emit SQL that
Postgres will reliably interpret as an anti-join, in the absence of an
explicit form in SQL.

But your reference to "anti-semijoin" is interesting -- what is that? Is it
just another name for anti-join, or something different? Does Postgres have
one algorithm or two?

[And BTW that is a weird piece of SQL -- I guess people really do write
those things and you have to make the best of them you can.]

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org

SQL).
> > Is this a reliable trigger: (NOT EXISTS <subselect>)?
>
> That's one case; see convert_EXISTS_sublink_to_join() for the full set of
> conditions involved.  There is also a relevant transformation in
> reduce_outer_joins():
>
>  * Another transformation we apply here is to recognize cases like
>  *        SELECT ... FROM a LEFT JOIN b ON (a.x = b.y) WHERE b.y IS
NULL;