Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?

От Tomas J Stehlik
Тема Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Karsten,

Thank you.

> I believe Adrian wanted to know whether you attempted a
 > schema or complete dump *after* the fact, like what he
 > suggested a mail ago or so.
 >
 > In case the FS corruption "only" affects raw files related to
 > user data (as opposed to also affecting data in pg_* tables)
 > a schema-only dump does have a slight chance of success.
 >
 > That chance might potentially be increased by judicious use
 > of zero_damaged_pages and related low-level techniques the
 > prerequisite conditions of which people seem to have been
 > trying to inquire about upthread.
 >
 > > The question potentially targets someone who could tell
 > > whether something like this is possible.
 >
 > "possible" depends no the exact circumstances, the details of
 > which people have been trying to tease out.

All this relevant information has already been supplied previously.

Kind regards,

Tomas

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?