Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on WinXP

От Nikola Milutinovic
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on WinXP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > Hi Nix,
> >
> > It sounds like you're trying to run the PostgreSQL "Proof of Concept"
> version, which is getting a bit out-of-date now.
> >
> > Although it's a little bit more tedious to install, the proper cygwin
> version is what you really should be looking at for now.
> >
> > http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin

Hi people, thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction - IPC Daemon of Cygwin was not running.

Reasons for my initial failure wre multiple. Firstly, my default installation is on drive D:, while Cygwin was built
fordrive C:. On the other hand, since the purpose of my installation was to test inputting data from a SQL script,
builtfrom XML using XSLT (Xalan), all I needed was a running database. I didn't want to install PostgreSQL as a
service.The "pgsqlstart" script doesn't start IPC daemon (maybe this needs to be corrected?). Also, my location of DATA
directorywas different from the default, due to lack of space.

:-)

Well, having had 2 years of expirience with PgSQL on Tru64 UNIX, I found my way around. :-)

Nix.