Re: reg:Import&Export functions

От sandhya
Тема Re: reg:Import&Export functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
hi.....
    Let me explain more about my problem........
I stored some of my files as largeobjects in Postgresql Database Through
C-Program Using import functionality.
My Postgres server is running  on Linux OS.
Now i want to export these objects through my application which is running
on windows OS.
Application uses VC7(.net).Here also i am using libpq library to export
files from DB to the current application.

I find that import and export can be used only inorder to store/retrieve
files only in the UNIX filesystem path.Am i right?

Actually i have connected from Windows OS to the remote server running on
LinuxOS.
Files are there(in LINUX OS) as large objects in the Postgres database.
Now in my windows application i am using export function and mentioning the
local host path..i.e.,windows path like
C:\.Documents&settings\....etc..etc\home.htm

But i am not find any  "home.htm"  in the mentioned path.

If i want to get the files to the remote Client from the DB.What i should
do?
I need to change my function calls?
Any permissions i need to set?

And one more thing,

In the Localhost(where the db server is running) I tried one sample which
stores files (sample.txt)as objects in DB in one table.And to export it to
the same host by giving some path(say tmp/sample.txt)..I am able to get  the
file in the mentioned location...
The same .exe  when i tried to execute through some other remoteclient(LINUX
OS only) ....I am not able to get the file ...in the current local host.What
may be the reason?

But when i tried for INSERTING records through the same remote Client....it
is inserting successfully in the database in the specified table.
Why it is working in case of inserting records and why it is not working
incase of files export from the same remote Client?

Mail seems to be little confusing i think.....But i don't know how to
explain my problem
I can't proceed further without this.....
Please explain me where i am doing mistake...........
And tell me what to do?Thank you very much for your help......

-Sandhya