A search SQL query

От Tom Techoueyres
Тема A search SQL query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I am using a cursor search using sql queries to get information from a
database that has 5 fields. The search is done on one of the fields which
are "electronic components parts".
My users usually type in the all part number they are looking for in the
form.
Here is the situation I have, lets say that a user is looking for part
'LM741CN-SGS', I have the follwoing queries:
- select * from inventory where partno like 'LM741CN-SGS'  (exact search)
- select * from inventory where partno like 'LM741CN-SGS%' (partial search)
- select * from inventory where partno like '%LM741CN-SGS%' (extended
search)

Now I need to create a query that when the user looks for 'LM741CNSGS', the
result comes back with all rows with 'LM741CN-SGS' and and all rows with
'LM741CNSGS'.
What would the suggested sql query to provide that type of result?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Tom Techoueyres
tom@eurobase.net