cidr question (resent)

От Mir S Islam
Тема cidr question (resent)
Дата
Re: cidr question (resent)  (David Stanaway <david@netventures.com.au>)
performance tuning in large function / transaction  (MindTerm <mindterm@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Resending this. Aplogies for duplicates if any.

maybe I am not understanding it right. Here is my problem.

I have a table like this
 Attribute   |           Type           | Modifier
--------------+--------------------------+----------ip           | cidr                     | not null

with following rows     ip
---------------10.0.0.1/3210.0.0.50/3210.0.0.255/3211.0.0.0/3211.0.1.200/3211.0.1.20/32
(6 rows)

should not the command
DELETE from ip_space where ip = '11.0.1.0/24'::cidr
delete last two rows ? But it does not delete anything. Basically I would
like to be able to delete a whole range or block of ip/network addresses.

I suppose I could rewrite the above sql as
delete from ip_space where ip >='11.0.1.0/24'::cidr and ip
<='11.0.2.0/24'::cidr;
Then it works. But I should not have to do that. Right ?

Thanks in advance. Please email and post here.

Mir

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: