Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure

От Iain
Тема Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

> Recall that in 8.0 the default encoding will be derived from the locale.
> So if the postgres account has a reasonable locale set (presumably
> chosen somewhere during the system installation), everything will work
> out.

That's seems pretty reasonable, though I think that standardizing on unicode
(and I guess that means UTF-8) is really the way to go. It was designed as
the universal standard after all.

Thanks for the feedback,
Iain

Сообщение: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Сообщение: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure