about modifying and compiling a component of PostgreSQL

От Seung Hyun Jeong
Тема about modifying and compiling a component of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I modified a source file(I just define a macro for #ifdef) in the gist
subdirectory,
and comiled the source file by using makefile in the directory.
Then, what I need to do to see the behaviour of modified source code?
Do I need to reinstall all stuff by using make file at top level?

And, what I need to do to see the result of elog(NOTICE, "......") on psql
window?
I suppose I need to give a special option to postmaster for that when it
starts at booting time,
but I have no idea how to change the Postmaster's starting options.

Hopefully, there is anyone who can help me.
Cheers.