RE: PostgreSQL Active-Active

От Lazaro Garcia
Тема RE: PostgreSQL Active-Active
Дата
RE: PostgreSQL Active-Active
Список pgsql-admin
Do you have any tutorial about patroni + ha-proxy with postgresql (what
about load balancing with this setup?)

Regards.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Stephen Frost [mailto:sfrost@snowman.net]
Enviado el: martes, 6 de febrero de 2018 06:12 a. m.
Para: Dhandapani Shanmugam
CC: pgsql-admin; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Asunto: Re: PostgreSQL Active-Active

Greetings,

* Dhandapani Shanmugam (postgresql95@gmail.com) wrote:
> Do we have active-active setup in postgreSQL, like we have in oracle RAC?.
> Sorry if this question has been addressed already. What will be best
> open source HA for postgresql with zero RTO and RPO.

What you're probably looking for is a 3 (or more) node setup with patroni,
etcd, and synchronous replication.  Note that this will be a shared-nothing
architecture, avoiding the risk that something bad happens with the storage
system but requiring that the data be replicated multiple times.  Using
synchronous replication means that you have to have the nodes all close to
each other, of course, but meets the zero RPO.  Zero RTO is just silly, but
with patroni and haproxy you can detect and failover pretty darn fast.

Thanks!

Stephen