Log-Shipping Standby Server: USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL compatibility error

От Mathias Breuninger
Тема Log-Shipping Standby Server: USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL compatibility error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I configure PostgreSQL 9.1.5 on two servers: one with FreeBSD-9.0/powerpc64 and the other with FreeBSD-9.0/powerpc.

The 64 bits server is the master and I tried to configure the 32 bits one as a standby server.

I followed the documentation but I can't start the standby postgres daemon:
 postgres[73978]: [1-1] FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
 postgres[73978]: [1-2] DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL but the server was compiled
withoutUSE_FLOAT8_BYVAL.
 postgres[73978]: [1-3] HINT:  It looks like you need to recompile or initdb.

I can't find an option to initialize the database cluster without the USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL.

I can recompile PostgreSQL on the 64bit architecture without this configure option, but I wonder if there will be a
performancedrawback.

Maybe should I go with Slony-I as it seems to work with differents architectures.

Have you a suggestion/solution?

--
Mathias