Re: Question on partitioning

От Mark Steben
Тема Re: Question on partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Simon, you're right on the money.. the guys on the IRC chatroom suggested
that I cast the partitioning column as SMALLINT as the optimizer assumed
Integer and it worked.  Thx for getting back to me
Mark Steben
AutoRevenue

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Riggs [mailto:simon@2ndquadrant.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:39 PM
To: Mark Steben
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Question on partitioning

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 15:13 -0500, Mark Steben wrote:

> Regarding partitioning - I set up a testing table - parent table and 4
> partitioning children's tables inheriting the
>
> Attributes of the parent.  I inserted 1800 rows in all - 450 equitably
> in each partition. The CHECK constraints work great.
>
>   The PART_ID column, defined as SMALLINT, Is the partitioning
> column.

You'll probably want to look at the caveats here
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/ddl-partitioning.html#DDL-PARTITIO
NING-CAVEATS

especially the ones about cross-datatype comparisons in CHECK
constraints.

--
  Simon Riggs

От: Will Cameron
Сообщение: Re: all postgres users do "not exist"
Сообщение: Re: all postgres users do "not exist"