Re: java.sql.SQLException, message FATAL 1: This connection has been terminated by the administrator

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: java.sql.SQLException, message FATAL 1: This connection has been terminated by the administrator
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Paul,

Is postres running on the same machine? If not is there a firewall
between the machines?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Paul Ogden
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 3:21 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] java.sql.SQLException, message FATAL 1: This connection
has been terminated by the administrator

Hello,
We are developing an app on Apache Tomcat 4.0.2 ( apache 1.3.22, tomcat
4.0.2, jdk 1.2.2 ) running on Redhat 7.1 with postgresql 7.1.3 as the
backend.  Ever since going live with the tomcat build, we have been
getting the following errors:

 "Unable to retrieve new session ID from database; class
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException, message An I/O error has occurred
while flushing the output - java.io.IOException: Broken pipe"

&

 "Unable to  retrieve new session ID from database;
java.sql.SQLException, message FATAL 1: This connection has been
terminated by the administrator."

I do not have more information at this time regarding the events that
lead up to this error, but it occurs when logging in and after logging
in so I am certain it involves different queries.

I have examined the database logs and only find messages that coincide
with the occurrence of the above errors as follows:
  DEBUG: connection: host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn user=xxxxx database=xxxxxx
  pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer

Restarting httpd ( which on our system restarts apache and tomcat, but
not postgresql ) clears up the problem for awhile.

Any help regarding the postgresql databases role/solution in this
problem would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Ogden

Paul Ogden
Claresco Corporation