Unexpected disk space growth controlling measures

От Gnanakumar
Тема Unexpected disk space growth controlling measures
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

What are all the controlling factors/measures that one should consider/take
into account, when there is an unexpected growth in disk space usage of the
database?

Some of the factors that comes to my mind immediately are:
1) Running autovacuum daemon aggressively
2) Setting/tuning appropriate value for the parameters "max_fsm_pages" and
"max_fsm_relations"

Is there any other factors that I need to consider apart from the above?

Hope experts can help me in the right direction.

Regards,
Gnanam