PID file

От Ing. Jorge S Alanís Garza
Тема PID file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are operating Postgresql 8.2 on an ISCSI environment. Sometimes there are issues with the ISCSI so Postgresql refuses to shutdown properly, or start, because of the pid file. My question is, what is the correct thing to do with this pid file? On some test-environments I have deleted the pid and then when starting up, I see postgres complain about the database not shutting down cleanly. Is there a way to recover the non-working postgres instance? Is this a very corruption-prone environment?

Thanks,

Jorge Santiago Alanís Garza
Innovación y Desarrollo
jorge.alanis@blocknetworks.com.mx