Re: asynchronous psql command options?

От Bjoern Metzdorf
Тема Re: asynchronous psql command options?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> i used psql via ssh on dial-up and closed the ssh client. I logged in
again and it showed that the postmater process was still running.. I thought
that the index building process would continue 'til completion.

try

( echo '´CREATE INDEX blablabla' | psql database >> log.txt ) &

on your (bash) shell. You should be able to log out safely then and have the
output in log.txt.

Regards,
Bjoern

От: Christopher Smith
Сообщение: asynchronous psql command options?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: asynchronous psql command options?