Background worker plus language handler for Andl: OK?

От
Тема Background worker plus language handler for Andl: OK?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It seems to me that it should be possible to create a language front end for
Andl by creating a background worker and a language handler. The BGW will
need to implement the Andl language and a listener, and submit generated SQL
to SPI. The PL will get called by query functions and pass them to the BGW
(via a callback) for execution. AFAIK the BGW and the PL run in the same
process, and this should work.

Apart from reading the documentation (I have), reading source code
(worker_spi.c) and heeding warnings about the risk of breaking the server,
is there any reason why this would not work? There is a fair bit of work,
and it would be nice to know what to watch out for.

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org