postgres-two different version

От Bottini
Тема postgres-two different version
Дата
Re: postgres-two different version
Список pgsql-admin

Hi all

Probably is a stupid question,

But I ‘m a newbie and I don’t want to destroy my server J

Is possible  to install two different version of postgresql on the same Linux server? I want to install  the 8.2 version in a server where is installed 8.1.3 version

If the answer is affirmative,I think that I have to change 2 things :the installation directory and the port.

1) I install postgres with the rpm command .I think that I have to use the option –relocate.But how?

2) In what’s file I can change the port?

Thanks a lot.

Gian Piero Bottini

dott. Gian Piero Bottini

ARPA Valle d'Aosta