RE: PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5

От Telium Technical Support
Тема RE: PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I actually need the log shipping so I can decide whether or not I want the
standby to accept data from the master (In case of master corruption).  I
have clients on ver 8.4 and 9.5 so I'm trying to figure out if I can share
config settings between clients.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Eisentraut [mailto:peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:44 PM
To: Telium Technical Support <support@telium.ca>;
pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5

On 2/20/18 15:44, Telium Technical Support wrote:
> In postgreSQL version 8.4 it seems that you can place the db server
> into warm standby mode with the following setting in recovery.conf
>
>     restore_command = 'pg_standby archiveDir %f %p %r'
>
> In postgreSQL version 9.5 I see the same option, but I also see what
> appears to be an alternative syntax in recovery.conf:
>
>    standby_mode = (boolean)
>    trigger_file = (string)
>
> So is this new syntax an alternative to the old syntax (both are
> accepted by PGSQL)? Any benefit to the new syntax?
>
> Does the new syntax mean that I can use the restore_command setting as
> well (to use my own copy command)?

A lot has changed between 8.4 and 9.5.  Hot standby, streaming replication,
replication slots, and so on.  You can continue to use pg_standby, but the
new facilities are better in many ways.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5