Need help/suggestions with backup/restore of database tables.

От Chris White (cjwhite)
Тема Need help/suggestions with backup/restore of database tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have four tables in a database which reference all the large objects
in the database. I need to backup and restore these 4 tables and the
large objects independently of the other tables in the database.

pg_dump only allows me to dump the whole database, if I want to dump the
large objects. I know that on restore I can create a contents file from
the pg_dump file and selectively restore only the tables I need, but
this is not suitable because:

1) Restore data is streamed from a remote ftp server.
2) Backup file is large.
3) There is not enough physical storage to copy the restore file to disk
prior to restoring the database, so I can create the contents list
without reading file twice over ftp link.

Does anybody have any suggestions apart from writing my own custom
backup/restore?

Chris White