Re: 7.4 features list

От Rob Butler
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Somewhere in this thread it was mentioned that postgres-r master-slave will
be delayed to 7.5 because of it's lack of funding.  How far delayed would
Postgres-r be?

I want both Postgres-r & win32 asap...  So.. If PITR, win32 and Postgres-r
will be done soon, but not soon enough to be in 7.4 why not get 7.4 out with
what you have already (start the feature freeze early even) and then get a
7.5 out shortly afterwards?  (say 4 months after, instead of 6?)

That would also help with the perception people have of Postgres  (The whole
"have we lost momentum" thread).  If postgres can be seen getting a number
of releases out quickly, with major new (well tested, stable) features in
each, that will definetly help Postgres' momentum as percieved by the world.

Later
Rob