Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: parameter type is unknown error

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: parameter type is unknown error
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello Günce

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Günce Kaya
Sent: Montag, 6. März 2017 13:01
To: Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Fwd: parameter type is unknown error

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your response. I used pg_typeof() function to show parameters type.

select pg_typeof('asdasdasd');

result -> "unknown"

Well, a string in single quotes is not necessarily a text:

db=> select pg_typeof('{"hello": "world"}');

pg_typeof

-----------

unknown

(1 row)

db=> select pg_typeof('{"hello": "world"}'::varchar);

     pg_typeof

-------------------

character varying

(1 row)

db=> select pg_typeof('{"hello": "world"}'::text);

pg_typeof

-----------

text

(1 row)

db.archivedb=> select pg_typeof('{"hello": "world"}'::json);

pg_typeof

-----------

json

(1 row)

You probably need to specify that your string is a text.

Bye

Charles

but I can use this parameter without custom function as successfully and using cast is doesn't work to get result as successful.

do you have any advice for that?

Regards,

Gunce

Hello