Re: 7.3.5

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: 7.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
----- Original Message -----
> >> Will there be a 7.3.5 version released, containing relevant patches,
before the release of the 7.4 version?

> > That seems unlikely. It seems likely that there will be such a release, but
> > most likely it will be after the 7.4 release.
>
> Yes.  I'd expect we'd wait till a little while after 7.4, since often
> interesting bugs are first reported just after a release --- there may
> be things we learn that ought to be back-patched into 7.3.5.  There is
> not currently anything in the 7.3 branch that looks like an immediate
> release forcer to me.  (I posted a summary of recent 7.3 commit messages
> to pgsql-hackers a couple days ago, if you're interested.)

Hi Tom,
I systematically went through every message you posted on pgsql-hackers
back dating to the 28th Oct.
I didn't find the summary you mentioned - there were a lot of messages
(how you manage to get work done between messages must be a small
mirical) so there is a chance I missed it.

The fix I am looking for in 7.3.5, which is in the 7.4 branch, is for the
regproc-reverse-conversion problem (the error comes when the planner tries
to convert that string back to OID form).

Regards
Donald Fraser