Re: Windows Build System

От Curtis Faith
Тема Re: Windows Build System
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing asked:
> Does anyone know how MySQL and interbase/firebird do it ?

From the MySQL web site for version 4.0:

"The Windows binaries use the Cygwin library. Source code for the
version of Cygwin we have used is available on this page."

I think this offers a very big opportunity to differentiate. If we had
project support it would make PostgreSQL a more natural choice for
Windows developers.

Even in a shop that uses Unix servers with Windows front-ends, having a
database server that runs on your own machine makes it much easier to
debug, write code on airplanes, etc.

- Curtis