Re: to --enable-locale or not to --enable-locale?

От Niclas Gustafsson
Тема Re: to --enable-locale or not to --enable-locale?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi, I'm having trouble sorting my data.

I'm using PostgresQL 7.2 compiled with:
--enable-multibyte=LATIN1 --enable-locale

I've also created a test db, with one table:
CREATE DATABASE "testdb" WITH ENCODING = 'LATIN1';
And
CREATE TABLE "sorttest" (
  "id" int8 NOT NULL,
  "data" varchar(100),
  CONSTRAINT "sorttest_pkey" PRIMARY KEY ("id")
) WITH OIDS;

Then I've inserted some test values which seem to be sorted wrongfully
when I issue an
select * from sorttest order by data

This is the output I get:

aa