reply: sql to grant privilege on sequence

От liuyuanyuan
Тема reply: sql to grant privilege on sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

My pleasure , and thanks for your reply ~

Best Wishes!

Jasmine

发件人: Guillaume Lelarge [mailto:guillaume@lelarge.info]
发送时间: 2014715 5:05
收件人: liuyuanyuan
抄送: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
主题: Re: 答复: [ADMIN] sql to grant privilege on sequence

Thanks Guillaume! Thanks for your reply !

Now that, I got the reason.

I knew  GRANT ON TABLE still works for sequence, but I think use GRANT ON SEQUENCE

in pgAdmin3 of newer version maybe much better. Because GRANT ON SEQUENCE is more clear,

and maybe that’s why developers create this syntax especially for sequence.

That’s only a suggestion, looking forward to hearing from you later~~

Well, we have this weird check in pgSequence.cpp:

      if (!GetConnection()->BackendMinimumVersion(8, 2))¬
         sql += GetGrant(wxT("arwdRxt"), wxT("TABLE ") + GetQuotedFullIdentifier());¬
      else¬
         sql += GetGrant(wxT("rwU"), wxT("TABLE ") + GetQuotedFullIdentifier());¬

This code is as old as 2006 (commit id 2ef0bfe6cb8eb9d2cf117ca654bbbe0d17d0a784), where Dave added "Add support for PostgreSQL 8.2's CONNECT privilege on databases, and USAGE on sequences".

Pretty sure he meant SEQUENCE instead of TABLE in the else part :)

Fixed.

Thanks for the report.