Re: Problem with PostgreSQL: unable to connect to database

От Igor Georgiev
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL: unable to connect to database
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

I'm having problems in connecting my PostgreSQL database to the server.  I’m using PostgreSQL 7.3 and pgAdmin II 1.4.  This is the situation:

1.  At the Cygwin window,

eng91066@ENG91066 ~

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "eng91066".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

initdb: The directory /usr/local/pgsql/data exists but is not empty.

If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty the directory /usr/local/pgsql/data or run initdb with an argument other than /usr/local/pgsql/data.

eng91066@ENG91066 ~

$ /usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -o -i -l logfile start

postmaster successfully started

try this
/usr/bin/pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data  -l logfile  -o "-i"