Re: Multiple backends on a single physical database

От Josh Goldberg
Тема Re: Multiple backends on a single physical database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have just done this.  There are three things I have found necessary:
1.  Only one backend can use the postmaster.pid file.  You must edit the
sourcecode for the other backends before you compile it.
2.  If you have backends A,B,C and A makes a modification to the data, B and
C need to be restarted before they can see the changes.
3.  Startup scripts for backends B and C that do not use the postmaster.pid
file need to be changed, specifically the method of stopping them.  I do a
`ps` and awk out the pid to kill it.  This is necessary to prevent removing
the lockfile from backend A.

I plan to use a high speed network storage device to accomplish this setup
effectively.