Re: Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get created under XP

От Athanasios E. Samaras
Тема Re: Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get created under XP
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
It seems to me that the create fails, most probably because of the space in
the user name, probably you would like to escape the space and it should  be
just fine.

Cheers, Sakis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@postgresql.org]
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 7:52 PM
To: Athanasios E. Samaras
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get
created under XP

Athanasios E. Samaras wrote:
> Hi there, I notice a bug in PGADMIN 1.6.3 when installing under on
> Windows XP box and the user account used is not in English.
>
> More details:
>
> Windows XP 32bit / SP2
>
> User account Αθανάσιος Σαμαράς (Greek Name, most probably it will appear
> as????, but I assume that all the languages apart English must have the
> same issue)
>
> Application data location: “C:\Documents and Settings\Αθανάσιος
> Σαμαράς\Application Data\”
>
> Result: Can not open any database in pgadmin III due to error message
> “can not open file C:\Documents and Settings\Αθανάσιος
> Σαμαράς\Application Data\postgresql\pgpass.conf” and the program
> crashes, sending report back.
>
> Reason: During installation the posgresql folder and pgpass.conf does
> not get created.
>
> Workaround: go to application data and create the postgresql folder
> manually, create an empty file called pgpass.conf, since it is under
> your account there should not be any problems with privileges.

It's normal for the file not to exist - pgAdmin should work fine in
those cases. Is it failing only when you try to save the password? This
should also work if the file isn't there (it'll create it), but I wonder
if it's somehow getting confused by unicode characters in your username.
That doesn't explain why it works if you create it though... unless
there's something broken in the create file code path.

Regards, Dave

Сообщение: Re: Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get created under XP
Сообщение: Re: Bug: When installing pgpass.conf does not get created under XP