An I/O error occured while sending to the backend

От Anthony Chaffey
Тема An I/O error occured while sending to the backend
Дата
Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend  ("Anthony Chaffey" <anthony@webmediaworks.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I have developed an application using the postgresql-8.0-310.jdbc3 driver and connecting to a postgresql 8.0.1 database running on fedora core 3. Everything was working fine until i started running the application on the clients pc's. Randomly they receive an error, the stack trace of which is below.

The only difference between my testing pc and the client's pc's is that they use a wireless network card. Both my machine and the client's pc's are running Windows XP with SP2. Similar problems have been posted on this mailing list and people have suggested a firewall is clearing the connection which makes sense as the client claims this problem only occurs if the application is left idle for a short time but does anyone have any more information that may help?

Thanks for any help.

Anthony.

Stack Trace:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:201)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:388)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:313)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:220)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
 at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:243)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1122)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:175)
 ... 35 more