Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited

От Kane Tao
Тема Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK.  Stored procedures are one of the most powerful tools available in
database design and implementation.  U guys/gals forget that placing
business rules in stored procedures allows for flexibility and modular
reusability of code as well as speeds up such commonly used queries.
Although I have never had the need to use stored procedures (never had a
project that used PostgreSQL that was large enuff), PostgreSQL allows u to
create SQL functions...which I believe meet the criteria u need for stored
procedures?

I could be wrong, but I dont know of any database that allows you to run an
SQL stmt without having the engine process the entire query in the
background.  Even those that return limited sets must execute a sort on the
entire dataset before a subset can be returned...

Stored Procedures have always been the strong point of Oracle :)