Re: Error in function to pg_dump: Standard in must be a tty

От Siew Hui, Wong
Тема Re: Error in function to pg_dump: Standard in must be a tty
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi tom,

Based on your suggestion,  I deleted the fragment "/bin/su - postgres -c"
from the bash script and it worked! Thanks for the pointer.

But for the way i go about fulfilling the user's reqs, I apologised if it
didn't come out clearly in the first post :) Let me try again.

A broker firm, the user needs to update the prices etc daily. If any mistake
happen in the updates, they would want to revert to the latest backup and
redo.

Hence, i am to create something that allows the user (from a webpage) to
manually backup and/or restore database of any backup date. So, the page
shows a list of backups for the last 7 days to be selected for restorating
and also a button for there-and-then manual backup of database.

For daily auto backup.i've already scheduled cronjob and it went well.

This is the new script that i've implemented which i have 'chown' to
postgres:

    #!/bin/bash
    #File is named according to abbreviation of week name (Sun...Sat)
    #e.g. nsvm_Mon_2004.db

    backupdate=`date +%a_%Y`
    /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -f /home/postgres/nsvm_$backupdate.db
excensio    ## <--- the change
    echo "Backup at `date` :
nsvm_$backupdate.db">>/home/postgres/nsvm_backup_log

Again, i appreciate any suggestions for more efficient ways. Thanks again !

best regards,
siew hui