FW: Pg_dump very large database

От Nikolay Mihaylov
Тема FW: Pg_dump very large database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all.
I have a database with very large tables - about 2+ GB per table.

When I'm using pg_dump tool, it get all memory available, then linux
crash (or kernel kills the most of processes including pg_dump)

For this reason I made small php script which dump data using 'fetch
I tried to patch pg_dump, but I cant understand most of the code (never
works with pg blobs from C).

I'm attaching the files I use in order to share them with all you.

Nikolay.

P.s.
Shell scripts are for calling the php scripts.
dump1.sh - create list with shell commands needs to be executed in order
to get backup.
dump.sh - backup single table

P.s.

Is there any interest for discussing very large pg database programming
and administration or is such list exist?

The Reboots are for hardware upgrades,
Found more here: http://www.nmmm.nu
Nikolay Mihaylov nmmm@nmmm.nu

Вложения