Re: [GENERAL] equivalent of sqlload?

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] equivalent of sqlload?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Jeff Hoffmann wrote:
>
>> you probably ran out of memory for the server process.  check out "limit"
>> (or "ulimit") -- you should be able to bump up the datasize to 64m or so
>> (that's what mine is normally set to; i don't think i had to adjust it
for
>> the 5 million record+ table)
>>

>>Were am I looking for "limit" or "ulimit"?
>
>mike

sorry -- it's a shell thing.  do a man on whatever shell you're using and it
should explain.  C shells (and derivatives) use limit; Bourne shells (and
derivatives) use ulimit.

basically just kill the postmaster, run one of these commands, and restart
the postmaster and things should be fine...

for csh/tcsh:
% limit datasize 64m

for sh/bash:
$ ulimit -d 65536

there's also something in one of the FAQ's; search for "palloc" should find
it

jeff