Re: connectivity to database been an issue for me.

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: connectivity to database been an issue for me.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well the issue seems to occur for any traffic not limited to any one
machine.

Pinging Yahoo for instance the ping is timing out when the line gets full
load.
I spoke to Verizon and they admitted they sold more bandwidth then the hard
wires in the area support.

I am going to see if we can slow down the traffic at the fire wall, but also
plan on getting a 2mb breakfree wireless account as it is just 100.00 a
month and much better connectivity.

My real question was if it would be better to get a T1 to the data center or
if going over the internet was ok if I get the expanded bandwidth; based on
real world experience doing a similar thing. I hate to recommend an
expensive solution just to end up with the same issues. I tried loading the
line with various types of communication to different machines, so it is not
a postgres issue at all (sorry for voicing the question in a pg forum, but I
figured you guys deal with a bit of the networking as well).

Unfortunatley the T1 is a bit expensive (T1>500.00 a month).

Joel Fradkin