Re: createdb.exe prompting for password on Vista

От Greg Quinn
Тема Re: createdb.exe prompting for password on Vista
Дата
Список pgsql-general
And how would I enable this?
I've tried all the created password options with no luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Sullivan
Sent: 28 May 2007 02:52 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] createdb.exe prompting for password on Vista

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 09:02:56PM +0200, Greg Quinn wrote:
> I am using createdb to automatically create a database from a .sql file,
but
> in Vista it seems to prompt me for the postgres password.
>
> How can I stop this from happening? I'm not using the -W or -password
option
> so why does it ask me for a password?

You must have password authentication enabled.  You'd have to change
it to "trust", I guess.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin

Сообщение: Re: Geographic data sources, queries and questions
Сообщение: Re: Geographic data sources, queries and questions