issue doing backup / restore using pgadmin III

От Joel Fradkin
Тема issue doing backup / restore using pgadmin III
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I am converting from SQLASCII to UNICODE and in the process I backed up my data base using the latest pgadmin III (fresh download on new computer win2003).

Unfortunately I deleted the ascii data base (wanted to use the same name for the Unicode). I had already saved / restored it and did not notice there were errors.

My guess is I am cooked, but thought I would ask. The bad restore file was 300k too small so I am guessing there is no longer the data anywhere.

Since I deleted the original ascii database and created one with the same name and restored some data to it.

I have a good backup from the previous day but it means losing a whole day of data (a huge disaster as we have many clients and I am sure this is going to go down poorly).

Am I correct in assuming there is nothing I can do to salvage this (I have restored the previous backup and am converting it at this time).

Just a note maybe the restore program shouldn’t return code the same when there are errors and when there are not. (I mean it was totally my fault for not looking more closely at the detail, I am sure it must of mentioned an error but it was not very obvious, I was doing it at like midnight to try and get it done with the least amount of down time).

Anyone having any ideas that will help please email me at jfradkin@tampabay.rr.com

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
© 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.