Date Return must be As per Natural Calander

От Aspire Something
Тема Date Return must be As per Natural Calander
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 Hi all ,
Please Permit me to recive  ur valuable  knowledge and experience :-)

In the Postgresql Documentation (read it in /7.3.2/units-history.html) it has been given that Postgresql  follows the Julian calander (Which indead is being  used by my system by default )

So does it not mean when I add to a date  (integer) it must return the
date as per the calendar  :

i.e

The following sql statements
retuns date  1752-09-03
insted of   1752-09-14
you may do :
$cal 9 1752
on unix promt to verify  (Windows user sorry ur calendar may not show dates  <1970 !!! atleat mine does not )
<code>
 select date('1752-09-02') + 1 as some_date ;
 some_date
------------
 1752-09-03
(1 row)
 select date('1752-09-02') + interval'1 day' as some_day;
      some_day
---------------------
 1752-09-03 00:00:00
(1 row)
</code>
Now  every thing above may sound stupid but if we in near future come accross the same situation how will the data base respond when my database relies 90% on the timestamp value
their will be total mismatch of calendar(Which people follow) and database returning dates.

Regards ,
Aspire

My Sys Config is
Red Hate 7.2 Kernel 2.4.7-10 on an i686