Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns

От Denis Perchine
Тема Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns
Дата
Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns  ("Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 19 December 2000 17:31, you wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Feng Xue wrote:
> > after I use VACUUM command to clean up the database, the table size
> > shrinked from 25M to 0.5M, which is a BIG IMPROVEMENT!
>
> If this is a production database that is being used by a lot of people,
> you should run the vacuum on a regular basis, like maybe overnight as a
> cron job.

That's really bad idea if you have 7.0.x. There are deadlocks possible. :-(((

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5

От: "Brett W. McCoy"
Сообщение: Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns
Сообщение: Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns