Re: Windows Services and Postgresql 9.1.3

От Anibal David Acosta
Тема Re: Windows Services and Postgresql 9.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, is a Bug, sometimes in some circumstances pg_ctl go down but postgres
server still running.

You can easily reproduce.

Go to "task manager", kill the process "pg_ctl" (simulate some kind of crash
or something else).
Now go to services management and try to start again. Start command will
through an error because pg_ctl can't start database because is already
started.

Due to this bug I always use the pg_ctl command directly and not the windows
service.

Running pg_ctl command from command prompt show that postgres server is
running, but windows service show stopped and is not possible to start again
from windows service UI

Maybe a resolution of this is that pg_ctl ignore the start call from windows
(just success it) when it is already running.

Regards