Question on partitioning

От Mark Steben
Тема Question on partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi, the new guy is back with another question.

Regarding partitioning – I set up a testing table – parent table and 4 partitioning children’s tables inheriting the

Attributes of the parent.  I inserted 1800 rows in all – 450 equitably in each partition. The CHECK constraints work great.

  The PART_ID column, defined as SMALLINT, Is the partitioning column.

When I query for PART_ID’S I know to be in the first partition only, the EXPLAIN says that

The query plan says that it does a sequential table scan on the first partition, which is fine because I do SELECT *.  However it also

Does index scans on partitions 2, 3, and 4 which I did not expect since I limited the range in my WHERE clause to rows in partition 1.

Do I need to load more data?  Any help would be appreciated.  I did set my CONSTRAINT_EXCLUSION to ON.

Thank  you,

Mark Steben